Wearside Masonic Temple

Wearside Masonic Temple is a fantastic suite of function rooms within the Temple Chambers building, right in the heart of Sunderland.

facilities at Wearside Masonic Temple

Address

Burdon Road, Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, SR2 7DX.

Hall information

Directions Google Maps Hall ///wizard.flat.artist Nearest Car Park ///rooms.smiles.bounty More Information

Lodges that meet here

Parking: 

There is ample parking within a short walk from the Temple.

Approach: 

Wearside Masonic Temple is easy to access from the city centre and all major roads leading into it.

Entrance: 

Wide doors, a level entrance once beyond the entrance stairway, and easy access to the lift to all floors.

Emergency: 

Emergency exits from the upper floors have steps.

Accessibility:

The Wearside Masonic Temple was constructed in 1932 and not ideally suited to those with mobility issues. That said, once the small stairway at the entrance is overcome, with the assistance of our brethren, the building has a lift to all floors and internal doorways will accommodate wheelchair access to the overwhelming majority of areas.

Toilets: 

Accessible toilets

Inside: 

No internal ramps, wide doorways, rest chairs, a hearing loop is available and all dining tables are wheelchair accessible.

Stairs/Lifts: 

A small number of stairs with handrails to the entrance leading to a lift to all floors.

Local News For Wearside Masonic Temple

Brother Herbert Harvey Hewison
A Wonderful Evening Spent Celebrating Denny’s 50 years | Durham Freemasons
Durham Chapter Convocation 2023 | Durham Freemasons
Benevolence at Work | Durham Freemasons
Summoned to Provincial Office! | Durham Freemasons
The Importance of Visitors! | Durham Freemasons
Pets Pantry donation of £150.00 from Lodge of Concord | Durham Freemasons
Completion of Works to New Floor at Queen Street | Durham Freemasons
St John’s Lodge, No.80 Reborn and 217 years ‘Not Out’! | Durham Freemasons
50 years Chapter Celebration for David Railson
A Busy Night at St Mary’s Lodge | Durham Freemasons
“Peter Stracey House” 30 years on | Durham Freemasons