A historic building located close to the town centre of Stockton-on-Tees in County Durham, England. Completed in 1864, the hall is a significant landmark. The building is characterized by its distinctive Neo-Georgian style, which features elegant columns, ornate detailing, and a grand entrance staircase.
There is a large car park and on street parking plus use of a school car park adjacent to the building.
From the car park there is a large entrance with a roller shutter door. This doubles as an entrance for people with disabilities. Carry on past this and turn left into Wellington Street, there is a front door with two steps up. A door bell is also placed here with intercom communication.
Blue Door on Wellington street (keep ringing the buzzer – someone will eventually let you in).
Emergency exits are well sign posted.
Only obstacle is 3 small steps into the temple.
Just inside the roller shutter entrance is a large reception area. This includes Ladies, Gents and Disabled toilets. There is a further Gent’s toilet just off the main reception area near the staircase and lift.
The temple is large well decorated and has a permanent chequered pavement. Some of the furniture dates back to the eighteenth century.
Recent repairs and improvement to the various roofs have made the building warm and welcoming. There are ladies, gents and disabled toilets in the Wellington Suite and a separate gent’s toilet off the main entrance hall.
The bar area and Cooper Room are well decorated and comfortable. The Cooper Room is used for smaller Festive Boards, events and meetings. The main dining hall is a grand room capable of seating over one hundred comfortably. Doors lead directly into the well equipped 5 star rated kitchen.
There is a large grand staircase from the main reception area. A lift is situated just off the main reception area.