Annual General Meeting of Provincial Grand Chapter – Friday 15th July 2022
The Annual Convocation of Provincial Grand Chapter will be held at the The Rainton Arena, Mercantile Rd, Houghton le Spring DH4 5PH on Friday 15th July 2022. All Principals and Past Principals of Chapters of the Province and those who have duties to discharge are expected to be in attendance. In addition all other Companions in the Province are welcomed and strongly urged to attend.
Each Chapter in the Province MUST be represented at the meeting and Lodge Scribes will be asked to confirm the name of that person in a separate communication. The Chapter representative must also apply and pay for a meal if they intend to dine. Once again, current Installed First Principals of Chapters are to be received into the meeting by the Provincial Grand Superintendent as part of a separate formal procession and it is hoped that as many as possible will attend.
– A Signature sheet must be signed on entering Provincial Grand Chapter.
– Dress to be Dark Clothes, Royal Arch Regalia – gloves are NOT required.
– Companions must be seated by 3.30 pm.
– The Processions to start at 3.45 pm.
– The Chapter will be opened PROMPTLY at 4.00 pm.
– Dinner will follow the meeting, to be held at the venue at approximately 6.30 pm. Proceedings should be concluded by 9pm.
– A full Agenda, Minutes of the previous meeting and a list of those who are to receive honours will be sent nearer the time.
Booking details and deadlines:
– Letters to those individuals receiving honours were posted to arrive by 17th April 2022.
– Dining numbers will be restricted so early booking is recommended.
Tickets cost £22.00 each and there is a maximum of 8 companions per table
Leek and Potato soup served with herb croutons, cream drizzle and warm bread roll.
Pan roasted chicken supreme served with mash potato and seasonal vegetables.
Oreo cheesecake served with berries.
– You do NOT need to apply if you are attending the meeting only and do not wish to dine.
The Rainton Arena, Mercantile Rd, Houghton le Spring, DH4 5PH
TLC Teddy Initiative……
“thank you Freemasons for the thousands of teddies donated to children’s casualty departments”
Community Support Grants…..
“The grant from Durham Freemasons has made an enormous difference to our service users”
Provincial Annual Meeting….
“The Provincial annual meeting is one of the highlights of my year, it’s great to meet everyone and support all those being rewarded for merit”….
“My husband would be so proud that you still contact me so many years after his death, thank you for remembering me”
“The Provincial annual meeting is one of the highlights of my year, it’s great to meet everyone and support all those being rewarded for merit”
The Royal Arch…..
“I feel that I have a much better understanding of the whole Masonic story after joining the Royal Arch”
What have you gained?
“I’ve made wonderful friendships with people from all walks of life who I wouldn’t otherwise have even met”
In respect to the TLC Teddy initiative
“A child patient copes with medical treatment so much better when they’ve been given a TLC teddy”
What Freemasonry has done for you?
“The teachings of the masonic ceremonies helped me to be a better father, better husband, better son and better neighbour”What Freemasonry has done for you
One of the best things I have ever done…
“Along with getting married, the birth of my children and Sunderland winning the FA Cup, becoming a Freemason is one of the best things I’ve ever done”